See posting below for Tampa Bay Water – Purchasing Specialist.
As the largest wholesale drinking water supplier in the southeastern United States, Tampa Bay Water ultimately provides water to more than 2.3 million people in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties and the cities of New Port Richey, St. Petersburg and Tampa. Our mission seems so simple—to reliably provide clean, safe water to the Tampa Bay region now and for future generations. In reality, it’s a complex process that requires a dedicated, skilled staff to ensure a continuous flow of water to our customers. At Tampa Bay Water we share a common set of values—safety, continuous improvement and innovation. We fulfill our mission in partnership with our stakeholders in a responsible, efficient and environmentally sustainable manner. Our success is driven by people who thrive in our environment. If you share these values and meet the listed qualifications for this position, please visit www.tampabaywater.org to complete our application and submit your resume. Resumes submitted without a completed Application will not be considered.
We are seeking a Purchasing Specialist who will support the entire agency through administering the coordination, development, preparation and approval of quoting and bidding documents pertaining to public water supply for acquisition of materials (e.g. tools, safety supplies, fuel, and meters) and services (e.g. small equipment repairs, roofing and painting). In addition, the Purchasing Specialist’s duties include entering purchase requisitions and converting approved requisition to purchase orders. S/he requires knowledge of State of Florida quoting and bidding laws and regulations. S/he must have exceptional project management skills, including organizing and scheduling bidding tasks to maintain project/maintenance schedules.
Performance is monitored through periodic conferences, reports and administrative review process. Performs related work as directed.
- Assists Purchasing Manager and other staff in preparing complex Bid, Request for Proposal and resulting Contract documents. Prepares draft amendments or change orders as required. Works independently on less complex bids and requirements.
- Develops and maintains procurement schedule in accordance with project/maintenance schedules.
- Administers, coordinates and prepares informal bidding/quote documents for items ranging from $5,000 to $35,000 for the entire agency, including advertising, responses to questions, bid tabulation evaluation, etc., while assuring applicable laws and regulations are followed.
- Coordinates and administers pre-bid calls with vendors.
- Advises customers on statutes, methods of procurement, and timelines.
- Performs research to support sole source requests, assist customers in bid specification development or ensure compliance as needed.
- Responds to public records requests.
- Reviews bids for conformity to quoting/bidding requirements.
- Coordinates, prepares and tracks post-bid notices and documentation.
- Administers, manages, monitors, schedules and budgets for low-bid services activities and tasks ensuring purchase order limits are not breached.
- Establishes and maintains administrative systems for tracking and reporting low-bid services status; establishes and maintains project files and related records and databases; and researches information within files and databases as requested.
- Closes purchase orders in financial computer system at year-end or project-end through notifications/requests from various staff.
- Enters and maintains contract and purchase order information in financial system as requested.
- Prepares agenda item drafts for internal customers.
- Assists periodically to cover other positions and tasks within the department (e.g. inventory, warehouse duties, and contract administration).
- Processes, converts, obtains signatures and distributes all agency requisitions to purchase orders while checking that purchasing policies are adhered.
- Coordinates purchasing procedures with other departments as necessary.
- Prepares routine purchasing reports and maintains records.
- May assists with annual inventory count and/or periodic cycle counts.
- Processes inventory requisitions generated from auto replenishment.
- Maintains responsibility for personal work safety.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Disaster Service Worker: Employees of Tampa Bay Water are, by State and Federal law, Disaster Service Workers. In the event of a declaration of emergency, any employee may be assigned activities that promote the protection of public health and safety or the preservation of lives and property, either at the Agency or within the local community or their own community.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Mid-Level position with minimally 3 years of public purchasing experience involving various types of goods and services.
- Position requires considerable written, oral and computer communication skills.
- Proofreading skills and careful attention to detail
- Intermediate Level use of Microsoft Word and Excel highly desirable. Basic Level of Power Point helpful. Outlook or similar calendar experience preferred.
- Experience with financial and work order computer systems that support purchasing, work order, and inventory management is highly desirable.
- Experience with warehouse inventory purchasing functions and equipment (e.g. pallet jack, overhead crane, banding machine, aerial lift and forklift), is preferred.
- Experience with an on-line bidding system such as Onvia DemandStar helpful.
- High school diploma, vocational school diploma or GED or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Licenses And Certifications
- Professional Certification such as a CPPB, C.P.M. or APP is highly desirable.
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License required.
SALARY RANGE (Minimum-Maximum): $40,356 ($19.40 per hour) – $66,587 ($32.01 per hour) Actual salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted through Friday, July 11, 2014.
Tampa Bay Water is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.